BASKETBALL SKILLS CLINICS
Updated October 1, 2017 at 8:05 PM (MST)
Centennials' basketball clinics last between 1 - 2 hours each, are offered year-round, and instruction is centered around individual basketball fundamentals training. The skills clinics challenge young student-athletes to become better players and people, within structured, high-energy, high-repetition, and FUN group settings.
2017 FALL 3-ON-3 CLINICS
The Academy will be offering drop-in 3-on-3 development clinics during the month of October. Basketball clinics will be open to BOYS and GIRLS of all skill levels, and most ideal for players with a lil' game and good hoops IQ. 6th - 8th graders will compete on one court in timed runs. 9th - 12th graders on the opposite court.
SIGN UP HERE
The stop-and-coach nature of the clinics will help basketball players by:
- Granting each player plenty of ball touches!
- Helping players learn key basketball team concepts, such as floor spacing and movement with and without the ball on the offensive end, and how to defend on-ball and in the help position.
- Great for players that don't make a fall Centennials competitive team, so they can continue crafting their game.
- Also great for intermediate to advanced players that need supplemental GAME-like reps to test their ability.
- More advanced younger players will have an opportunity to hoop with older players.
- GAMES-ONLY clinics in a competitive and FUN 3-on-3 format.
- High school ages will play on one side of the court. Younger players on the other.
- No standings, no set teams, no wins and loss records. Old school pick-up style hoops.
No refunds whatsoever. Credit(s) may be applied for future camps or clinics for unavoidable and unexpected conflicts, such as family emergencies.
WHO ARE THE BASKETBALL CLINICS IDEAL FOR?
Centennials basketball clinics are ideal for players that are serious about improving specific areas of their game, like dribbling and ball handling, shooting form and accuracy, footwork, overall hoops IQ, in addition to building up aggressiveness, confidence and developing a positive work ethic and strong moral character. The drop-in nature of the basketball clinics meshes convenience and quality for families, and they can supplement an athlete's existing basketball workout plan or help multi-sport athletes keep their basketball skills sharp during their off-season. For example, we have MANY baseball, soccer, football, and lacrosse players that drop in and train with us, with no long-term commitment whatsoever. Click/tap the link below to see what a sample basketball skills clinic workout entails:
The Mile High Centennials firmly believes that EVERY athlete that genuinely loves the game of basketball and wants to improve should be EMPOWERED to train and compete beyond the recreational level.
"We couldn't have asked for a more ideal learning experience for our boys. Coach Armando has shown patience, commitment, and integrity...values we know have rubbed off well." – Parent