- Tuesday, May 23 and Thursday, May 25, 2017
- 6:30 - 7:45 PM: 12U - 13U boys
- 8:00 - 9:15 PM: 14U - 17U boys
- Players will be put through a workout that entails a variety of drills, such as ball handling, shooting, and live 1-on-1 to 5-on-5 competition, to gauge a player's level of play, work ethic, attitude, and hoops IQ.
- The coach may use a Guerilla pad and boxing mit to gauge a player's ability to play through physical contact and to finish moves and shots.
- Parents are encouraged to watch and ask questions before or after each tryouts session.
- Bring your own ball and bottled water
- Arrive early and greet the coaches beforehand
- Be social and vocal (there is no room for timidity in competitive basketball)
- Listen and move with a sense of urgency (show that you want it)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and BE COACHABLE (no one likes a lazy know-it-all)
- Commit to and play DEFENSE (don't me a one-dimensional player)
- Hustle, always!
- Encourage your student-athlete(s) instead of over-criticizing everything they're NOT doing right
- Be positive and support what your student-athlete does well
- If you're an overly fanatic, demeaning, a constant "yeller," and you coach from the bleachers, then we may not be a fit for your family
- We are PROUD of the good, hard-working families that make up our Academy, and feel we have the best support base in the entire Denver metro area
- Summer season runs June 12th - August 13th, 2017
- Training Facilities: Two 24-Hour Fitness locations (partnership is currently under negotiation and details will be announced soon). Each player will be required to hold a 24-Hour club membership, which will be offered at a significant corporate discount, and will grant kids access to the over 425 clubs throughout the U.S. Parents or spectators will also need to hold a membership even just to watch practices. Family add-ons will be offered at the same discounted monthly rate. Trust us, it's gonna be a WIN!
- Practices: Twice per week on either Mondays/Wednesdays or Tuesdays/Thursdays. Typical rotation is 6:30-8:00 PM 13U and below teams practice first, then 8:00-9:30 PM 14U - 17U teams practice next.
- Summer Tournaments: Local, regional and some out-of-state travel expected consisting of a mix of MAYB, Power-to-Play, Just Play Sports, RiseUp, Reebok, Bigfoot Hoops (Las Vegas) and others.
- Boys competitive teams filled: 12U, 13U, 14U, 15U, 16U, and 17U
- Fall hoops: Tryouts will be held again in mid- to late-August, and the plan is for the same summer teams to keep rolling into the fall season that runs late August through early-November.
We are a SKILLS-FIRST basketball Academy that strives for high-quality and CERTIFIED basketball instruction and performance training at fair costs. Trust us, our costs are less than most other competitive clubs! Academy dues each season for those that make a CENTENNIALS competitive team include the basics required to compete:
- Certified Coaching + 24-Hour Fitness Membership
- Practice Jersey
- Game Uniform
In addition to 24-Hour Fitness, we use many facilities for our year-round group skills clinics, camps, private coaching, and personal performance training services. Take a look at the Mile High Centennials territory map (below) to gauge where our families typically commute from. While we proudly serve the greater Southeast Denver metropolitan area, families commute from as far as Northglenn, central Denver, Parker, Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood and even Colorado Springs.
If you attend an open tryout session, and are not invited onto one of our Centennials' competitive boys basketball summer teams, PLEASE DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. You or your student-athlete may not be ready for the high level of competition Centennials teams will face in the summer months.
The Mile High Centennials basketball academy is pretty unique with its basketball training approach, and instead of closing the door of opportunity to players, we will offer summer basketball skills clinics, basketball camps, private basketball coaching lessons and performance, strength, agility training for basketball for individuals or small groups of up to 4 players. Parents can split costs for private group sessions to save. Remember, skills and fundamentals training is how players make gains. Games merely TEST a players' skill and character.
If you acknowledge that your son may not be an advance basketball player, but would like for him to be evaluated on a 1-on-1 basis, please register anyway. We conduct player evaluations year-round.