There is not cost from the Academy for an evaluation. 1-on-1 evaluations can take place at any 24 Hour Fitness SPORT or SUPER SPORT location. If you do not have a 24 Hour Fitness membership, the day admission fee is $20/player, in which case we'd simply meet on the court at the club. Or, if we use a Denver area recreation center, admission fee is about $5 per player.
We may also be able to let you practice with our fall competitive teams, while the season is still underway. An evaluations would be conducted on-the-spot.
Register and we will reach out to pinpoint a date/time for an evaluation.
- Players will be put through various intense ball handling and shooting drills, to gauge a player's level of play, work ethic, attitude, and hoops IQ.
- Also expect 1-on-1 pressured drills with a Centennials Coach, using a Guerilla pad and boxing mit to gauge a player's ability to handle pressure, and to finish moves and shots through physical contact.
- Parents are encouraged to watch and ask questions before or after each evaluation session. Remember parents, YOU are trying out just as much as your student-athlete is.
- Bring your own ball and bottled water
- Arrive early and greet the Coach beforehand
- Be social and vocal (there is no room for timidity in competitive basketball)
- Listen and move with a sense of urgency (show that you want it)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and BE COACHABLE (no one likes a stubborn know-it-all)
- Commit to and play DEFENSE (don't be a lazy one-dimensional player)
- Hustle, and have FUN, always!
- Encourage your student-athlete(s) instead of over-criticizing everything they're NOT doing right
- Be positive and support what your student-athlete does well
- If you're an overly fanatic, demeaning, a constant "yeller," and you coach from the bleachers, then we may not be a fit for your family
- We are PROUD of the good, hard-working families that make up our Academy, and feel we have the best support base in the entire Denver metro area
- Fall season runs Aug 29 - October 22, 2017 for most teams, and through October 29, 2017 for teams competing in tournaments.
- Boys competitive teams filled: 6th/7th (12U), 7th (12U), 8th (13U), 8th (14U), JV, and 16U.
- Teams Practice Facility: 24-Hour Fitness, 4100 S Parker Rd, Aurora, CO 80014
- Practice Days: Tuesdays and Thurs 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM window
- NO UNAUTHORIZED DROP-INS ALLOWED. Each player is required to hold a 24-Hour Fitness SPORT club membership, which will be included with the Academy's fall dues. Parents or spectators will also need to hold a membership even just to watch practices. While the Academy's fall dues cover the players, family add-ons will be offered at a significant corporate discount, but each add-on will be billed directly to each family.
- Fall Competition: Teams are competing in the JAM Fall League and tournaments (MAYB, Power-2-Play Sports, Rise Up Colorado Athletics, and others). Tournament teams may travel to Windsor, Greeley or Colorado Springs, CO. No out-of-state travel is planned (school first).
- For 5th - 8th grade boys
- Winter season runs mid-Nov 2017 through the end of Feb 2018
- Full details TBA
We are a SKILLS-FIRST basketball Academy that strives for high-quality and CERTIFIED basketball instruction and performance training at fair costs. Trust us, our research confirms that our costs are up to 60% lesser than most other competitive clubs in Colorado! Academy dues each season for those that make a CENTENNIALS competitive team include the basics required to compete:
- 24-Hour Fitness Membership & Certified Coaching
- Practice Jersey (required)
- Nike Game Uniform (required)
- Fall League and/or Four (4) Tournaments
In addition to 24-Hour Fitness, we use many facilities for our year-round group skills clinics, camps, private coaching, and personal performance training services. Take a look at the Mile High Centennials territory map (below) to gauge where our families typically commute from. While we proudly serve the greater Southeast Denver metropolitan area, families commute from as far as Thornton, central Denver, Parker, Castle Rock, Highlands Ranch, Lakewood, Bennett and even Colorado Springs.
If you attend an open tryout session, and do not receive an OFFICIAL INVITATION (via email) to join a Centennials competitive boys basketball team, PLEASE DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. You or your student-athlete may not be ready for the high level of competition Centennials teams face. The YMCA, Arapahoe Youth League, Gold Crown and other city recreational leagues, may be more suitable if playing GAMES is primarily what you're after.
The Mile High Centennials basketball academy is pretty unique with its basketball training approach, and instead of closing the door of opportunity to players, we will offer drop-in basketball skills clinics, basketball camps (during school breaks), private basketball coaching lessons and performance, strength, agility training for basketball for individuals or small groups of up to 4 players. Parents can split costs for private group sessions to save. Remember, skills and fundamentals training is how players make gains. Games merely TEST a player's skill and character.
If you acknowledge that your son may not be an advanced basketball player, but would like for him to be evaluated on a 1-on-1 basis, please register anyway. We conduct player evaluations year-round at a court near you. We evaluate girls basketball players, too.