There is typically no charge for a 1-on-1 player evaluation. If you are invited to join a team training session, there may be an admission fee ranging from $5 to $20 per visit.
- 2018 spring season wrapped up May 19, 2018.
- 2018 summer season runs June 19th - August 12, 2018. Centennials competitive basketball teams will compete locally in tournaments and/or leagues and the top (elite) teams will travel out-of-state in July to NCAA-certified tournaments in Omaha, NE and Kansas City, IA. CLICK HERE to learn more about The Basketball Certification System (BBCS).
- 2018 fall season runs September through mid-November. Since school will be in session, most of our competitive teams will stay local. Some regional travel to Greeley, Windsor, or Colorado Springs is possible.
- Practice Days are twice per week on Mondays/Wednesdays, Tuesdays/Fridays, or Tuesdays/Thursdays in the evenings at one of three 24 Hour Fitness training facilities.
- Game Days are mostly on Friday evenings, Saturdays, and/or Sundays. Some mid-week games are likely for 5-on-5 or 3-on-3 leagues.
- 24 Hour Fitness Membership: ALL players MUST hold a membership. If players/families have their own memberships, they can continue using them but it must be a SPORT or SUPER SPORT level (for the Parker/Arapahoe facility). Those that do not have a membership, it will be included with the season's Academy dues. Parents or spectators will also need a membership just to watch practices. While the Academy's dues cover a player's membership, family add-ons are available at a significant corporate discount, but each add-on will be billed directly to each family.
- Parker Road/Quincy in Aurora
- Parker Road/Arapahoe in Aurora
- Colorado Blvd/Alameda in Glendale
- Players will be put through a variety of drills, and competitive 1-on-1 to 5-on-5 games, to gauge a player's level of play, athleticism, work ethic, attitude, commitment level, and hoops IQ.
- Parents are encouraged to watch, and it's best to ask questions before or after each tryout session.
- Bring your own ball and spill-proof water bottle
- Arrive early and greet the Coaches beforehand
- Be social and vocal (there is no room for timidity and shyness in competitive basketball)
- Listen and move with urgency (show that you want it)
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and BE COACHABLE (no one likes a stubborn know-it-all)
- Commit to and play DEFENSE (don't be a lazy one-dimensional player that only wants to score)
- Hustle, and have FUN!
- Encourage your student-athlete(s) instead of over-criticizing everything they're NOT doing right
- Be positive and support what your student-athlete does well
- If you're an overly fanatic, demeaning, a constant "yeller," and you consistently coach from the bleachers, then we may not be a fit for your family
- We are PROUD of the supportive, hard-working families that make up our Academy, and feel we have the best support base in the entire Denver metro area
We are a premium SKILLS-FIRST basketball Academy that strives for high-quality and CERTIFIED instructor-led basketball training at fair costs. Trust us, our research confirms that our costs are up to 60% lesser than other comparable competitive clubs in Colorado! Academy dues each season for those that make a CENTENNIALS competitive team include the basics required to compete:
- 24-Hour Fitness Membership (or you can use your own membership)
- Certified-Instructor Led Training Sessions (practices)
- Practice Jersey (required)
- Nike Game Uniform (purchase to own, or you can rent one out for the season)
- Leagues and/or Tournaments Centennials competitive teams will compete in
If a player attends an open tryout session or is evaluated on a 1-on-1 basis, and does not receive an OFFICIAL INVITATION to join a Centennials competitive basketball team, PLEASE DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. Your student-athlete may not be ready for the high level of competition Centennials teams face. The YMCA, Arapahoe Youth League, Gold Crown and other organizations may offer more suitable competition levels. Many cities also offer recreational leagues if playing GAMES for FUN is primarily what you're after.
The Mile High Centennials basketball academy is pretty unique with its basketball training approach, and instead of closing the door of opportunity to players, we offer drop-in basketball skills clinics, basketball camps (during school breaks), private basketball coaching lessons and performance, strength, agility training for basketball year-round for individuals or small groups of up to 4 players. Parents can split costs for private group sessions to save. Remember, skills and fundamentals training is how players make gains. Games merely TEST a player's skill and character.
If a player or his family acknowledges that he/she is not an advanced basketball player, but would like an evaluation anyway, please register. We conduct player evaluations year-round at a court near you.